I felt urged to share this recipe from a fellow blogger! Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes, especially given that I’m a vegan, and this version offers the perfect proportion of spicy, savory, and fresh flavors. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. 🙂
For the sauce…
1 cup organic peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup wheat-free tamari
1/4 cup Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice
Juice of 3 limes
For the rest…
One package of organic nigari firm tofu, pressed and cubed
One package of rice noodles, prepared as per package’s directions.
1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
1 cup bok choy, washed and broken apart
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp coconut oil
Juice of 1 lime
- Prepare rice noodles by placing on large bowl full of boiling water.
- In a hot skillet, heat coconut oil. Add garlic. Sautée until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in chopped mushrooms.
- Once mushrooms have reduced in size, add in cubed tofu.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over mushrooms and tofu.
- Cook evenly on all sides, flipping throughout.
- To make the sauce… In a pot, boil one cup of water. When the water reaches a rolling boil, whisk in peanut butter, tamari, sriracha and lime juice. Reduce to medium heat.
Once all the ingredients have been combined, pour half of the sauce into skillet with tofu. Sautée the mushrooms and tofu in the sauce until the tofu is slightly crispy.
- While mushrooms and tofu saute, heat bok choy in separate skillet on medium heat until slightly wilted.
- Serve tofu over warm rice noodles. Use ladle to coat with sauce. Top with cilantro, bok choy, green onions, and lime slices. Voila!
Makes approximately 4 meal-sized servings.
Post by Aine Davis, Megan Stulberg and Alexandra Courts We all live very busy lives (Megan works full-time as a social media specialist, Aine’s a sketch comedian and Alex has her own no-bake …